A recent survey was undertaken by CBI (The Confederation of British Industry). The survey revealed that an increasing number of UK companies are creating back up plans with regard to jobs and production to move overseas due to uncertainty surrounding Brexit. But what does this mean for the UK in the long term?
With 56% of businesses that were surveyed preparing to adjust supply chains abroad. “Unless a withdrawal agreement is locked down by December”, jobs will be lost. This will have a knock-on effect on the UK economy.
During an interview, Nicky Morgan, a Conservative MP who chairs the Commons Treasury Committee, said: “tremendous damage” is being caused to banks and other large financial services in London due to the current negotiation stand-off.
Increase in demand for relocation services
Naturally, an increase in businesses looking to move overseas means there will be an increase in demand for relocation services. As a business owner, you need to ensure that you have an effective relocation strategy in place. Galleon International are experts in international removals. Our team listen to your every need and tailor our service to suit you. We believe a personal service is essential to keep your employees and their families happy. After operating for almost 40 years, we have gained access to all the local knowledge you need to know to ensure you’re ready to start your new life.
Are you planning to move overseas just in case things don’t go as smoothly as planned?
At Galleon International, corporate relocation services, we have a team of experienced global mobility experts. Our team will create and tailor completely bespoke programmes to suit your corporate relocation needs. To find out more information on how Galleon International can help your business when relocating employees, give us a call today on 01708 868 068.
At Galleon International, we believe that companies achieve more success when they deliver bespoke programmes. Tailoring services to meet your specific requirements is our forte and it is this kind of flexibility that is important when helping families moving abroad.
So, how can you be sure that the company you choose to help with your relocation is providing you with the best possible programme for your business?
We have put together five questions to ask your international moving company to ensure you receive a bespoke, tailored service:
1. Does the programme align with our needs? Once you have had your initial meeting with a relocation company, they should thoroughly review and understand your mobility needs; objectives; move patterns; locations and any other specific requirements you may have. Be sure to ask your relocation team how their programme will address each of these areas and how it will then align with your company’s worldwide mobility needs.
2. Does your programme provide a dedicated account management and mobility consulting? Any good provider of corporate relocation services will pair you with a dedicated account manager. Therefore, you can be sure that your needs are going to be met quickly and efficiently. If you’re unsure, just ask your relocation company if they will provide you with a manager as well as mobility consulting so that your HR, procurement and recruiting team will have access to expert advice and guidance.
3. Is there a single point of contact? During your initial meeting, you should ask the company if they will provide a single point of contact for your employees and their families. When relocating your employees, it’s important that you have a dedicated advocate who understands your families’ specific needs. This point of contact also allows for easy communication and 24/7 assistance for the employee throughout their relocation process.
4. Does your programme provide access to partners? It’s important your employees receive the very best service throughout their relocation. Therefore, it’s important that your relocation company has access to partners around the globe who can provide you with accommodation; shipping companies and financial care etc. As a corporate relocation company, they should have access to a world-class network of providers.
5. What technology does your programme use? Your employees and their families will want to have access to user-friendly tools and features to ensure that their relocation runs as smooth and easy as possible. Find out what technology the company use and whether it will help your employees.